Everyone looks forward to the first few days of school; meeting old friends and finding the seat in the new classroom, all create an excitement this time of year. But as you get your kids ready for school we want to remind you of a few safety tips.
- Make sure your children know their phone number, address, how to get in touch with their parents at work, how to get in touch with another trusted adult, and how to dial 9-1-1.
- Remind your child not to walk, run, or ride his bicycle down railroad tracks. It's illegal and dangerous.
- Teach children not to talk to strangers or accept rides from someone they don’t know.
- If your child walks to school, complete the walk a few times with them.
- Make sure that your teen driver understands and obeys all traffic laws. Absolutely no texting or talking on a cell phone while driving.
- Bright colored clothing will make your child more visible to drivers.
- Bike riders should always wear a helmet.
- Children should always board and exit the bus at designated locations that provide safe access to the bus or to the school building.
Are You Driving In A School Zone?
- In a school zone when flashers are blinking, stop and yield to pedestrians crossing the crosswalk or intersection.
- Obey school zone speed limits.
- Follow all laws pertaining to school buses.
Utah Homeowner’s Insurance
Did you know that in most cases your homeowner’s insurance will provide liability coverage if your child injures a third party? Also, did you know that your homeowner’s insurance will provide loss or damage to personal property (subject to policy terms and conditions)?
We will utilize ALL our markets to give you the best possible combination of coverage, price and services; that is why we are called The Insurance Mall. We know you have choices, so we thank you for choosing L.A. Bowen Insurance Agency.
Call us now at- 801.226.SAVE. Or go to www.laboweninsurance.com
Get a Quote NOW
Some information provided by American Red Cross and National Safety Counsel