Auto Insurance Rate Increases
There are many factors that may cause your Utah auto insurance rates to increase. These factors might include having a number of accidents, adding teen drivers or buying a newer car. The primary factors that will contribute to increased Utah auto insurancerates are moving violations. Also, drivers who file an auto insurance claim will see their rates climb by an average of 38% nationwide, while those who file two claims within a 12-month period can expect to pay nearly twice as much as claim-free drivers, according to a new report by Quadrant Information Systems.
The Most Expensive Auto Violations Nationwide Include: (averages only)
1. DUI—93% increase in insurance premium
2. Reckless driving—82% increase
3. Speeding—30% increase for 31+ mph over the limit
28% increase for 16-30mph over the limit
21% increase for 1-15mph over the limit
4. Careless driving—27% increase
5. Failure to stop—19% increase
6. Failure to yield to pedestrians—19% increase
7. Driving in a carpool lane—18% increase
How to Keep Auto Insurance Rates Down
- Be a defensive driver
- Combine your home and auto with one insurer. If you purchase your auto, homeowners and umbrella coverage from one carrier, for example, the impact of violations on premiums may be less severe.
- Use an independent agent who can shop your insurance on a regular basis.
With the fantastic staff we have and being in business since 1961 we feel we are the right place for you to insure your personal insurance needs with and actually all your insurance needs with L.A. Bowen Insurance Agency
To avoid making costly assumptions, it pays to know what’s included in your policy. We are here to help answer all your insurance questions. Remember to call our office today. We will work hard for you. We will utilize ALL our markets to give you the best possible combination of coverage, price and services; that is why we are called The Insurance Mall. We know you have choices, so we thank you for choosing L.A. Bowen Insurance Agency.